Thursday, February 7, 2013

#2 Stop stalking

Admit it. Since you found out that he is already with another girl, you exhausted all of your researching skills just to know more about their love story. While it may help to make you feel good about yourself ("His loss: she's not as pretty as me. He won't find any girl like me.") or give you peace of mind, it can also be destructing. Think about all the tears you cried, the work you procrastinated and all the time you should have spent with other people that matter more. You get the picture.

Since I found out about Matty and his new girl, I was in the Internet constantly for days. The time I spent online in a couple of days was equivalent to three months worth of my net time last year! I couldn't get any other work done. All I cared about was obsessing over how happy they are and whether he has been that happy with me. Talk about self-doubt and pity.

But eventually, after much thinking and prayer, I realized it's doing me nothing good. Come the start of a new week, I made myself a promise not to look at his FB page nor his twitter account for one whole workday. And I did it. I am proud to say that it has been three working days now and I haven't visited his online pages, not even his girl's blog. And I don't feel paranoid at all that they may be having lots of fun and love behind my back.

I challenge you to do the same; You can do it too. If you're having a hard time, focus and distraction is the key. 

Weigh your tasks: which is more important, that report that your boss should be reviewing already or what your ex gave his new girl during their 5th monthsary? Think about which will matter more to your dreams, to your career, to your future. Then the answer comes easily.

I believe that my work matters more. (Though my boss gives me as much tears and heartaches like fallen relationship. Haha.) So does my family, my faith, and my friends.

Anyway, I hope you're with me in our second step to moving on: Stop stalking and set your mind and energy on things that are waaay more important. You'll be waking up to good vibes and more productive days after.

No comments:

Post a Comment